As we began the meeting, we went around the room and each person introduced himself or herself and answered the question: What do you want to see accomplished through this meeting and through this consultation process? Seventy-five percent of those gathered, from all ages within our church, said: I want to see Cornerstone Church grow!!! I want to see us reach the next generation of young adults and young families!!! Their commitment to Cornerstone Church, to growth and to reaching the NEXT Generation was clearly stated!!!
My job as your Pastor is to lead Cornerstone Church to fulfill our mission…To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World!!! There are many ways to build God’s Kingdom. Each church needs to carefully listen to God and thoughtfully figure out how to fulfill their mission for God’s glory and honor.
In recent days the leadership of the Worship Team has been praying and seeking God’s will for our church. After much prayer and reflection we believe that God has led us to:
- Continue to have only ONE worship service on Sunday morning at 9:30 AM. We will NOT be launching a second contemporary worship service this fall on Wednesday nights;
- Continue to offer a multi-generational worship service on Sunday morning with life changing worship experiences and Bible centered messages;
- Offer different styles of worship experiences on Sunday mornings:
- Traditional Worship on Communion Sunday
- Blended Worship Services
- Family Worship with the Youth Praise Team & the Children’s Choir
- Country Gospel Worship Services
I would ask you to approach Sunday morning worship with an open heart and mind. Our goal is to create a multi-generational worship experience that touches people of all ages and backgrounds. You might not fully appreciate every aspect of each worship service, but please recognize that ultimately God is the Audience and He is the ONE whom we seek to honor and worship! I believe that Cornerstone Church brings great joy to the heart of God as we worship Him in unity and harmony!
Peace & Joy!