There is much to celebrate from our first year as Cornerstone UMC:
1) There is excitement in our church during Sunday morning worship and in many of our ministries, and a sense that God is doing something new in our midst;
2) Attendance is up in all areas of our church and new people of all ages are finding their way into our fellowship;
3) We have had wonderful celebrations together at our Fall Block party (250 in attendance); Advent worship services (average attendance 200); Lenten services (average attendance for Lent was 250 people and we had 350 people in attendance on Easter Sunday). It’s never just about numbers! Christian ministry is always about reaching people and touching lives, and the new Cornerstone United Methodist Church is seeing that happen!!
1) After much prayer and discussion the Worship Team has decided to move forward with a trial Contemporary Worship service meeting on Wednesday nights from 6-7 PM during the months of June and July. This service is open to all but especially targeted to reach people who are looking for a more contemporary worship experience, and also those who might be out of town during the weekends and would like to attend a mid week worship service.
2) We will also be taking a Worship Survey during the month of May to get feedback about your worship experience at Cornerstone. The Worship Team is considering starting a permanent second contemporary worship service by fall 2016 and we need your feedback and input.
3) We have hired Brian Tempus, a building consultant with Cunningham Group located in Minneapolis, to come and evaluate our congregation, church facilities and community to make a recommendation concerning future building needs for Cornerstone United Methodist Church. Brian will be with us starting in May and will be surveying our congregation and talking with many of you to get your feedback and insights. We hope to have a final recommendation from Brian by the end of the summer, and the Church Leadership hopes to make some decisions about our future building needs by the end of 2016.
4) We have many exciting ministries scheduled for Summer 2016: Summer Blast Evangelistic Outreach ~ June 18-19; Storm Camp ~ July 10-15; Vacation Bible School ~ July 24-19. It’s going to be a great summer. Join us!
Thank God for his work of mercy and grace in the new Cornerstone United Methodist Church, and thank you for your participation, service and leadership. Lastly, thank you for the privilege to serve as your pastor. May God continue to bless His church!
Peace & Joy!