There is a growing consensus at many levels of Cornerstone United Methodist Church that we need to pray for God’s direction and guidance. We have some BIG decisions to make about the future building needs of Cornerstone. Brian Tempus, a building consultant from the Cities, is coming to CUMC in June to evaluate our church facilities, our congregation, and the Marshall community. He will examine various proposals from our church leadership concerning our future building needs and then give a recommendation to the church leadership. Many are praying that this information will help us to arrive at a consensus by Fall 2016 concerning the direction of our church.
This is a very important moment in the life of Cornerstone! God has been speaking to many of us that we need to have a Summer of Prayer and take time to stop, to listen, and to wait on God for His guidance.
I would like to invite you to participate in the Cornerstone Church Summer of Prayer by:
1. Attending Sunday morning worship throughout the summer months. I will be giving a series of messages on prayer and we will be taking special time every Sunday morning to pray for God’s direction and wisdom.
2. Attending the Sunday Book Study at 8 AM every Sunday morning led by Mark Stenson. They are studying the book The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. The book outlines how to take steps of faith to pray “circles around your biggest dreams and greatest fears”. I will be using this book as the basis for my summer sermon series. If you can’t join the group for the 8 AM Sunday morning study you might consider buying the book and reading it this summer.
3. Join the Prayer Team Ministry on Monday, June 6 for the Summer of Prayer Kickoff at 7 PM at church. We will explain how you can become involved in the Prayer Ministry and we will take time that night to do a Prayer Walk around our church and neighborhood.
4. Pray for Cornerstone United Methodist Church in your Small Group or join a Small Group where you can pray. We have over 10 small groups meeting this summer at various times and places. Plug into a group and join them in praying for your Church. We will also be starting some special Prayer Groups this summer that will focus on our church future building needs.
5. Pray on your own in your personal devotions and with your family.
Pray for miracles and that the hand of God’s blessings and guidance will be upon Cornerstone Church.
Your prayers move the hands of God! He is only hindered by our lack faith and our lack of prayer. During the Summer of Prayer 2016 let’s ask, seek, and knock on the doors of heaven and believe God for great and mighty things!!
Peace & Joy!