Max Lucado is a well-known and popular author and Christian speaker. In this series of messages and videos Lucado invites us to:
- Linger on the Hill of Calvary
- Rub a finger on the timber and press the nail into your hand
- Taste the tinge of cheap wine and feel the scrape of a throne on your brow
- Touch the velvet dirt, moist with the blood of God
- Allow the tools of torture to tell their story
- Listen as they tell you what God did to win your heart
“I don’t think it’s ever possible to study the cross too much”, Lucado writes. “Everything about it is at the core of everything we do as Christians”. This study, led by Lloyd Petersen, is not merely a personal meditation on the cross, but in it Lucado reexamines the symbols around the crucifixion and explores the nature of Jesus.
Join us for this exciting discussion Wednesday nights during Lent beginning on Ash Wednesday, March 1, 6–7 PM in the main worship area.